[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_audio admin_label=”Audio” audio=”http://society13.hipcast.com/deluge/9th312.mp3″ title=”Podcast Radio” background_layout=”dark” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] [/et_pb_audio][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]
312 – Podcast Radio
My guest is Jim Krenn. Jim is a comedian, storyteller and former DJ with over 30 years of broadcast experience. Jim currently hosts the popular podcast Jim Krenn: No Restrictions. http://www.jimkrenn.com/tag/jim-krenn-no-restrictions
Even if you’re not from Pittsburgh, you have likely heard his name. Jim shares his experience in a fascinating interview. Also appearing in this episode: The Stepfather, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and the Prog-Squatch.
This episode features Australia’s own Amber Collins as the voice of Victoria Bigglesworth-Hayes. Amber is active on Deviant Art – you can find her work here: http://ambizzlezappa.deviantart.com/gallery/
Enjoy the show? Please rate us in iTunes or Stitcher.
2. Sponsor: Just Fucking Coffee
3. The 9th Story Theme
1. Greetings and Chat
2. The Stepfather’s Movie Reviews (www.thecavemanmaffia.com)
- Good Morning Vietnam
- Pirate Radio
3. Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Arnie and Farnie, a Ferrett’s Big Adventure
- The Poky Little Puppy, by Janette Sebring Lowrey from Barnes and Noble
- What did we Learn?
(The 9th Story is donating the copy of The Poky Little Puppy purchased for the show to our local Library)
1. Station ID: John Russo http://www.thejohnrusso.com/
Interview with Jim Krenn
1. Jim’s 30 year broadcast history.
2. What are the differences between podcast and broadcast?
- Podcasting is the HBO of Radio
3. Changes and habits to break
4. How to balance the need for fresh content vs. the desire for consistency
- Don’t underestimate your listener.
- The importance of the connection.
5. Why we like hearing the same story.
- Selling CD’s for charity.
- Jim tells the “Altar Boy Story” on The Moth Podcast: https://youtu.be/FJ6Cai8BQz8?list=UUxw-YwaBR9lVa1fmreWy94g
6. Why Jim tells stories.
- Getting over the fear of sharing your true art.
- Painting with story.
7. How doing standup honed Jim’s comedic storytelling.
- Being the center of the Universe.
8. Jim’s writing habits.
- Advice from Jerry Seinfeld.
- Story truth and ownership.
- Constant laughs or the big punch line.
9. Working alone and working with a partner – working with a group.
- Talent and teamwork.
- The two man team.
- Collaboration and The Goal.
- The Packer Sweep
10. Jim’s outlets and hobbies
- What I can do with a cigar
- Punching stuff
- Tony Bennett, the painter
- The vast amount of writing required to create comedy
11. The illusion of ease is part of the magic.
1. This was the 9th Story
2. Society 13 Podcast Network
Jim Krenn, Podcaster, Storyteller, Comedian
Jimmy Krenn rose from the ranks of stand-up comedians to become Pittsburgh’s premier comedian and broadcast personality, voted 14 times as the Top Entertainer in the City by Pittsburgh Magazine and nominated by BILLBOARD Magazine as one of the Major Market Personalities of the Year. Jimmy is recognized throughout Western Pennsylvania as the host of Pittsburgh’s top-rated morning show on 102.5 WDVE-FM, where his 24-year run made him a media darling.
Jim returned to Pittsburgh radio in 2014 as a weekly co-host of the KDKA Morning News, where he shares his humorous and unique insights into newsworthy stories every Friday.
He also hosts “No Restrictions”, a very popular podcast available in iTunes, Stitcher among other places.
The Stepfather, Mike Cerra, Host:
“The Caveman Mafia” Podcast
“As far back as I could remember I always wanted to be a gangster.” Not literally, but as far back as I can remember, I have always loved the movies. I’m not sure if it was because I rarely ever had the opportunity to go to the movies as a child, but I knew this medium was for me. The ability for 90 minutes to be whisked away to another place or time, to feel what it was like on the other side of the tracks, always intrigued me. And there is something special about the theater. Getting there early to get good seats, the anticipation of how the film you were about to see would turn out, the previews, the dimming of the lights, and eventually the show. It is an all-encompassing experience.”
Find links to The Stepfather’s work online at the following links:
Contact the show:http://thecavemanmafia.com/contact/
Caveman Mafia Podcast:
Anthony Rowsick, Host:
Tony is the host of the popular and internationally recognized “Prog-Watch” podcast, a lover of beer, a certified beer judge, and a Sasquatch.
More than that, Tony is a talented musician and has shared his talents with x-proph3t and recently, Novus.
Find links to Anthony’s work online at the following links:
Band Camp: Novus
CONTACT THE 9TH STORY:
PO Box 97925, Pittsburgh, PA 15227
9th Story is a proud member of the Society 13 Podcast Network “Where Badasses Listen to Podcasts.”
MUSIC FROM THIS EPISODE:
|Modern Jazz Samba||Kevin MacLeod||http://incompetech.com||CC*|
|Elevator Bossa Nova||BenSound.com||http://www.bensound.com||CC*|
|Broken Reality||Kevin MacLeod||http://incompetech.com||CC*|
|Sheep May Safely Graze||Kevin MacLeod||http://incompetech.com||CC*|
|Fairy Tale Waltz||Kevin MacLeod||http://incompetech.com||CC*|
|Where We Were, Will Be||Daniel Foytik||www.9thstory.com||OWD*|
|The Number||Daniel Foytik||www.9thstory.com||OWD*|
*CC-Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0,*OWD-Original Work owned by Daniel Foytik, *OWS-Original Work owned by Steven Matiko
9th Story is A Hc Sunt Fabulas Production
Produced by Dan Foytik
(c) 2014 Dan Foytik, 9th Story, Hc Sunt Fabulas